Thursday, July 3, 2008

I Miss My Buddy!

Ok, so there are a couple of blogs that I read fairly religiously (my mother in-laws, a friend from school; Kelly, and The Pioneer Woman)...and thanks to my Google reader on my iGoogle it is even easier to keep up on them. Today on The Pioneer Woman (Ree is the name of the writer of this blog), wrote a post about a conversation she has with her retarded brother Mike (I'm not sure of what his exact disability is). Check out her blog sometime at: http://thepioneerwoman.com/, it's awesome! Anyways, anytime I see someone who is metally disabled or read a story about someone who is mentally disabled (especially those with down syndrome) it always brings a tear to my eye and makes me miss someone special. You see, I have a younger brother who has down syndrome named John. We were fairly close growing up together. He is in Wisconsin...I am in Arizona. John watches home videos of us and cries cause he misses 'his Ruth', I see kids with downs and read stories about them and I cry cause I miss 'my John'! I miss my buddy!

No comments: